In my own work with clients, I am most inspired by the possibility of supporting individuals on their unique journey; helping them unfold and transform in ways that bring them closer to reaching their aims and gaining the most out of their options in life. My approach is one of openness and curiosity, with a desire to learn and adapt my skills and techniques according to the needs of the individual.
The style and type of work that I do has been largely influenced by my 10 year practice in the DeRose Method and recent qualification as a DeRose Method instructor. My current work is shifting more in the direction of giving group classes and experiences that create community; combining physical techniques (strength, flexibility, breathing, relaxation and meditation) with high performance life-style concepts. These include lessons in nutrition, stress- and conflict management, and good human relations. The goal is to progress to higher levels of self-dependence and experience an optimal quality of life.
My one-to-one somatic work has been largely shaped by my 3-year professional training in the Grinberg Method. I have been very fortunate to learn from some amazing teachers at an international school and get to experience working with colleagues from all over the globe. In addition, I qualified as a practitioner of the Pantarei Approach. This form of work speaks directly to my heart, and as such I am continuing with advanced training courses, workshops and further studies with the Berlin school. Furthermore, I attend regular supervisions to maintain my work quality and adhere to code of ethics.
Other strong influences on my work come from:
- 2018 Qualified as a DeRose Method instructor, after over 9 years of practicing
- 2016 – 2017 Pantarei Approch: Qualified Practitioner course
- 2014 – 2016 Grinberg Method: Qualified Practitioner. 3 year program at the international GM school
- 2007 – 2012 Work in the field of human relations, management and language teaching in Argentina
- 2002 – 2006 BSc Psychology: 4 year program at the University of Bath, UK
- 2001 Independent courses on Inner Child work, Uk
- 1985 – 1998 Training in classical ballet to teacher level in South Africa